Most recipe items used from Allrecipes.com. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/tofu-and-rice-stuffed-peppers/?extkb=1
PREP 25 mins
COOK 1 hr 10 mins
READY IN 1 hr 35 mins
Ingredients (makes 2 servings with leftovers)
- Place rice and water in a pot and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 45 minutes, or until tender.
- Heat skillet over medium heat, and stir in garlic, onion and tofu. Cook about 5 minutes. Season with pepper, and continue to cook and stir until tofu is evenly brown.
- Blend in cooked rice and tomatoes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Using a wooden spoon or spatula, equally place tofu, rice and tomato mixture into peppers. Place foil over baking dish you will be using to bake peppers (this avoids one more dish to wash). Arrange stuffed peppers in a baking dish.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Then remove peppers to place cheese on top to melt. Place back into oven for 10 more minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve 2( totaling 1 whole pepper) peppers to each person(color to choice).